This document describes how the site www.meterbearings.it (“Site”) is managed, with reference to the processing of personal data belonging to the users (“User/Users”) consulting it.
It is an information notice issued in accordance with article 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 (“Privacy Code”) and articles 13 of the EU Regulation no. 679/2016 (“GDPR”), for anyone who visits the Site and/or sign itself up on it and/or communicates with Meter S.p.A. (“Meter”) by filling the online form for asking information provided at section “Contact Us” of the Site.
This information notice is provided only for the Site and not for any other websites viewed by users through the links.
2. Types of data processed
2.1 Browsing data
During normal use, the electronic systems and software procedures enabling this Site to operate, acquire certain personal data; transmission of same is implicit in the use of internet communication protocols.
This information is not being collected in order to be associated to well-identified data subjects, but its nature, by means of processing and associations with data held by third parties, could make the users identification possible.
The category of data could be listed as follow: (i) IP addresses or domain names of computers used by users connecting to the Site, (ii) addresses in URI (uniform resource identifier) notation for resources requested, (iii) the time of request, (iv) the method used to submit the request to the server, (v) the dimension of the file obtained in response, (vi) the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (success, error etc) and (vii) other parameters regarding the user's operating system and the IT environment.
This data is used only to glean anonymous statistical information on the use of the Site and to check that it operates correctly and this data is deleted immediately after processing.
2.3 Data provided by users of their own free will
In addition to this data, the Data Controller will also process any other information that User may spontaneously provide by sending an email message to the address indicated on the Site and/or by requesting information through sections “Contact us”. Such information is processed by the Data Controller only for the purposes set up under paragraph 3.
3. Purposes and lawfulness of data processing
The personal data of the Users are processed by the Data Controller in order to:
- pursue, in accordance with article 6(1) let. f) of GDPR, an its own legitimate interests consisting in ensuring network and information security, i.e. the ability of a network or an information system to resist, at a given level of confidence, accidental events or unlawful or malicious actions that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity and confidentiality of stored or transmitted personal data, and the security of the related services offered by, or accessible via, those networks and systems;
- in accordance with article 6(1) let. b) of GDPR, allow the User to sign itself up on the Site;
- allow the User to ask for information and the data processor to send the feedback required, in accordance with article 6(1) let. b) of GDPR.
4. Consequences of any refusal to respond
The processing of the personal data indicated at precedent paragraph 2 is necessary to allow:
• the User to sign itself up on the Site and to ask for information to the Data Controller;
• Data Controller to send the feedback required by the User as well as to pursue an its own legitimate interests consisting in ensuring network and information security.
The refusal to allow their data to be processed would make impossible for Users to stay updated about Meter news and products.
5. Manner of data processing
The personal data is processed through computerized, automated manual systems for such period of time that is necessary to achieve the purposes for which the data is collected.
The personal data, moreover, is processed only by those subjects appointed to carry out such fulfilments, currently identified and duly educated on the constraints provided by the applicable law, as well as by adopting specific security measures aimed to ensure the protection of Your confidentiality and to avoid the loss of data, any unauthorized accesses to the data and any data processing which may be qualified as unlawful or not in compliance with the abovementioned purposes.
6. Communication of personal data
The personal data collected by the Data Controller through the Site will not be distributed, sold or transferred to third parties, save for those eventualities contemplated by law.
In any case, it remains understood that the Data Controller retains the right to communicate the Users personal data to the companies in charge for carrying out specific services within its activity and/or, in general, in its favor, that will operate as independent data controllers or processors, as well as the right to communicate and/or to distribute the User personal data that, in compliance with the applicable law, the police, the judicial authority, the information and security agencies or other public subjects might ask for purposes related to defense or State security or to preventing, detecting or suppressing crimes.
7. Data subject's rights
Pursuant to article 7 of the Privacy Code and articles 15 et seq. of GDPR, the User has the right to obtain:
- confirmation of whether or not there is personal data concerning him/her, even if such data has not been registered yet, and is entitled to receive notice of such data in a form that is legible;
- a copy of Your personal data;
- rectification of Your personal data, if they are incorrect;
- erasure of Your personal data;
- restriction of Your personal data processing;
- in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, personal data You have provided to the Data Controller or You have created – with the exception of the judgments created by the Data Controller or by the person in charge of the processing pursuant to article 8 of the Privacy Code / created by the persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorized to process personal data in accordance with article 4 of GDPR - and to transmit those data, directly or by means of Data Controller, to another data controller;
- the indication of:
- the source of personal data;
- the categories of personal data processed;
- the purposes and manner of data processing;
- the reasoning applied in the event of processing undertaken with the aid of electronic systems;
- details allowing identification of data controllers and data processors;
- the period for which the personal data will be stored, or if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- individuals or entities or categories of individuals or entities to whom personal data may be communicated or who may gain knowledge thereof in their capacity as designated representative in Italy, data processors or persons in charge of the processing in accordance with article 4 of Privacy Code / the persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorized to process personal data in accordance with article 4 of GDPR;
- updating, rectification, and, when requested, integration of the data;
- anonymization or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully, including data which it is not necessary to preserve in respect of the purposes for which the data is collected or subsequently processed;
- certification that the operations as per letter a) and b) have been brought to the attention, also with regard to their contents, of those to whom the data has been communicated or disseminated, with the exception of those cases in which such a legal obligation proves to be impossible or entails use of means which are patently disproportionate compared to the entitlement being safeguarded.
- The data subject, moreover, shall have the right to object, either wholly or partially:
- on legitimate grounds, to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, even though they are relevant to the purpose of the collection;
- to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, where it is carried out for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling or else for the performance of market or commercial communication survey.
In order to exercise the aforementioned rights, it is necessary to write to the Data Controller e-mail address, as it is indicated at the previous paragraph 1, specifying “Privacy – exercise of the data subject rights” as object.
Finally, we inform You that if You believe that your rights have been infringed by the Data Controller and/or by a third party, you have the right of lodging a complaint with a Italian Data Protection authority (“Garante Privacy”) and/or with another competent authority provided by GDPR.
8. Duration of the processing and retention period
The processing will last only for such period of time that is necessary for achieving the purposes mentioned at the previous paragraph 3. The Data Controller will then store Your personal data only in compliance with the legal obligations provided by the applicable laws, for administrative purposes and/or to claim or to defend an own right in the case in which a litigation or a pre-litigation procedure arise.
1. GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIE
2. USE OF COOKIE BY THE SITE
3. MANNER OF CONTROLLING COOKIE
1. GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIE
Cookies are small text files which the Site visited by user sends to the user’s terminal, where they are memorised in order to be sent back later to the Site during subsequent visits by the user. Cookies are used for many purposes, they have different features and they can be used both by the Data Controller of the Site which the user is visiting and by third parties. The main categories in which cookies can be divided are the following:
• session and persistent cookies;
• technical and profiling cookies;• first party and third party cookies.
1.2 Session and persistent cookies
Cookies can be erased at the end of a session with the browser (the time period between opening and closing of web browser by the user) or can be stored for a longer term. Session cookies are those allowing the web sites to link users’ actions during a browser session. Session cookies expire when the browser session ends. Persistent cookies are stored in the user’s hard drive among browser’s subfolders for variable period of time and allow to record user’s preference and actions in relation to a web site.
1.3 Technical and profiling cookies
Technical cookies are those used by the Data Controller of a web site for the sole purpose of transmitting a communication on an electronic communications network or, as strictly necessary, for sending to the provider of a service of a company the information explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to deliver that service. For the installation of such technical cookies, the prior consent of the person involved is not required where used directly from the site manager.
Profiling cookies are used to create profiles relating to the user and to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user in the context of browsing the net. Due to particular invasiveness which such cookies can have within the ambit of users’ privacy, European and Italian legislation provides that the user must be adequately informed about their use by a banner and detailed note on the site and must give his/her own explicit consent to this extent the first time visiting the site. Such a consent can be expressed in general way by interacting with the banner on the home page of the site and following the instructions indicated therein, or can be given or refused in selective manner by way of the following instructions. This consent is then stored to be used over the next visits. However, the user has always the possibility to withdraw totally or partially his/her consent already expressed.
1.4 First party and third party cookies
Cookies can be first party (so called “first party cookie”) or third party (so called “third party cookie”) in relation to the web site or domain where they come from.
First party cookies are set up and managed by the Data Controller of the site. As regards them, the information obligation about acquiring the contingent prior consent and/or the possible block of cookies is a Data Controller’s duty.
Third party cookies are set up by a different domain from that one visited by the user. As regards them, the information obligation and the possible instructions about the contingent consent and/or the block of cookies is a third party duty, whereas the Data Controller is asked only to insert in the site the link of third party’s site where such information is available.
2. USE OF COOKIE BY THE SITE
2.2 First party cookies
Cookies used by the Data Controller on the Site are only of technical nature and can be divided in the following subcategories:
• surfing cookies, by which it is possible to store preferences of surfing and to optimise experience of surfing by user;
• functionality cookies, used to start specific functions of the site and necessary to provide and to improve the service.
Particularly, numerical cookie - composed by an id which identifies the user and a key which verify if such user belongs to our database - are set up on the present Site. Without such cookie, the Site cannot work correctly.
Such cookies, as specified in the paragraph above, being of technical nature, do not need for the prior consent by the user to be installed and used as it is enough to deliver this statement.
2.3 Third party cookies
On this Site the Data Controller uses third party cookies (third party cookies). Hereinafter, the Data Controller provides to the users some indications about that cookies and specifies the links to the third parties privacy policies and consent forms.
The Data Controller reminds that, as regards to third party cookies, it has the only obligation to insert in this Cookies Policy the link to third party’s site. It is a third party’s duty, whereas, the obligation to give an adequate note in relation to the processing carried out and to give information to the users on instructions about the possible block of cookies used.
The first category of third party cookies set up on the Site comprises the analytical ones, called Google Analytics, that are installed on the Site, after the reduction of their identification power, for the purpose of analyzing its use and to optimize its fruition. The following schedule explains the specific types of Google Analytics actually used on the Site and their functions.
|_utma||Cookie to trace the time of the user visit||2 years|
|_utmb||Cookie to trace the user Site drop-out rate||30 minutes|
||Cookie that works in collaboration with _utmb for the purpose of establishing if user is performing a new session/visit||Expire at the end of the session|
|_utmt||Cookie to manage the requests sent to Google analytics services||30 minutes
|_utmz||Cookie to trace the user source
|_ga||Cookie to trace the access to the site||2 years|
It is to emphasis that information acquired by the above-mentioned cookies are previously anonymized before sending data to the third party owner. In any case, it is about information not allowing to identify users personally.
The second category of third party cookies set up on the Site comprises the ones that allow interaction with social networks. Such services allow the users to interact, directly from the webpages of the Site, with social networks and external platforms. In any case, the interactions and information acquired by the Site are subject to the privacy settings that user chooses for any social network. It is possible that, in the event in which a service for interacting with social networks is installed on the Site, such service collects, also if the user does not use it, the traffic data related to the webpages on which it is set up.
The following list indicates those cookie that allow the interaction with the social networks and google which are actually set up on the Site:
- NID; SNID; Host google.com Scadenza: 6 mesi
- YSC; Host google.com Scadenza al termine della sessione
- PREF; GAPS; Host google.com Scadenza: 2 anni
- SID; HSID; SSID; APISID; SAPISID; Host google.com Scadenza: 2 anni
- AID; Host google.com Scadenza: 2 anni
- OGP; Host .google.com Scadenza: 6 mesi
The following list indicates those cookie that allow the interaction with Youtube; such cookie turn only when the user watch a video on the present website:
- APISID; Host .youtube.com Scadenza: 2 anni
- GEUP ; Host .youtube.com Scadenza: 2 anni
- HSID; Host .youtube.com Scadenza: 2 anni
- LOGIN_INFO; Host .youtube.com Scadenza: 2 anni
- PREF ; Host .youtube.com Scadenza: 10 anni
- SAPISID; Host .youtube.com Scadenza: 2 anni
- SID Host .youtube.com Scadenza: 2 anni
- SSID ; Host .youtube.com Scadenza: 2 anni
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE H; ost .youtube.com Scadenza: 8 mesi
- YSC; Host .youtube.com Scadenza al termine della sessione
- __utma; Host .youtube.com Scadenza: 2 anni
- dkv; u_mMw.resume ; Host .youtube.com Scadenza: 3 mesi
3. MANNER OF CONTROLLING COOKIE
• Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it;
• Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie;
• Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?locale=it_IT;
• Microsoft Windows Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies.